View The Nude's Profile


Latest Blog Entries
The Author
About The Girls
MiniBoyFriends
Otto's Book Project
Boring Disclaimer
Email Otto






Suanie
BlackJetta
Malaysian Alien


 
 

Powered by: Blogger

Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Of Time and Place


I am back, people!

I am happy, not entirely exhausted, absolutely ecstatic as any girl should be should she have bought so many goodies and as a direct result am now slightly impoverished.

Chiang Mai and its surrounding northern towns are interesting places worthy of a visit. Its people are friendly and sincere in their effort to make every single tourist feel welcomed and comfortable. I shall write more about my visit to Chiang Mai in my following article. Promise!

As you can see, I am all bubbly and happy from my trip. I did not think much about the book nor plot any story lines though. So yeah, I am guilty for not thinking about you guys while I was in Thailand, but can you blame me for it? The Thais are amazing as a nation and I am honored to have known some of them.

I am thankful for all the blessings in my life. Probably I have more than I deserve. Just like Otto, my father was a teacher. Time was aplenty for the family and we spent many weekends and holidays traveling and fishing. Yup, I am one of those girls who can hook a worm on a rod and fish! I slept under open night skies, under trees and out in the open.

Many of Otto’s cultural experiences stemmed from my personal travels. With my family, I’ve been to all the Malaysian states with Sabah being the exception. It is therefore ironic that I am writing about Seven being a Sabahan! Probably I am subconsciously giving myself an excuse to visit Sabah soon. Hahahaha…

I would like to thank my parents for giving me a beautiful childhood. I do not come from a rich family but my childhood is enriched with various fond memories that I treasure dearly. If there is one gift that I inherit and will pass on to my children later in life, it is the gift of family life and travel.

I visited Kenyir Dam when it was still unknown, rode on a boat in Lake Chini, snorkeled and fished in various islands such as Tioman, Perhentian, Pangkor, Langwaki Penang (island state) etc. I went gold mining in some gold mining area in East Coast, went for the Rainforest Music Festival in Kuching last year (a MUST MUST MUST visit) and even up on all hill resorts found on West Peninsula Malaysia.

My favourite childhood holiday spot is Fraser's Hill. Many find the place a little too quiet but I find myself there yearly - even now when I am grown and travelling with my love instead. It was my family's favourite vacation spot and the place where I spent many hours staring out the window sharing silly teenage love crush stories with a childhood girlfriend of mine.

I have had the blessing of residing in Stockholm and London for most part of my European stay. I’ve been to Copenhagen, Helsinki, Malmo, Athens, Aegina (a Greek island), all major towns and cities in Scotland and England from the tip facing the Artic, John O Groats to the southern end at Dover, right over to France and into Belgium.

In moments like this, I know that I am blessed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Come to the US! :D

I have always liked Thailand, it's amazing. :) Good memories there. Haven't been to Europe but intend to make that the next stop, starting out with London and Barcelona. Any recommendations for someone that likes history and just wants a relaxing pace when travelling? Not into major cities like Paris.

7:24 pm  

Welcome back. I've been waiting for a new chapter.

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home