View The Nude's Profile


Latest Blog Entries
The Author
About The Girls
MiniBoyFriends
Otto's Book Project
Boring Disclaimer
Email Otto






Suanie
BlackJetta
Malaysian Alien


 
 

Powered by: Blogger

Monday, November 07, 2005
YOU ME HE SHE WE THEY

Taken from MahaGuru58's posting dated October 30th 2005.

MahaGuru58 said:
"Where else can you find the numerous temples, churches , gurdwaras and other religious establishments that Malaysia allows to be built and expanded as in this Malay heartland?

We have the largest Hindu temples in practically every state of Malaysia. We have the tallest statue of Kuan Yin in the state of Penang, Malaysia. We have the largest reclining Buddha statue in the only Islamic Party controlled state of Kelantan in Malaysia. We have so many churches in Petaling Jaya, you would think that this is a Christian land. We have Gurdwaras in every state in Malaysia , yet we see these groups clamouring for more leeway in their expansionist ideas!

What more do they want? Ahhh...yes...I see what's on their minds. They want the Malays to succumb to their desires. They want the Malays to close their eyes to all the social decay taking place amongst the youths in the name of freedom to do as they please!

They want us to shut our mouths and keep quiet when the society goes down the drain in the name of modernisation. Freedom to pull in the impressionable Malay youths to becoming Christians or just allow themselves to be abused and destroyed in the name of social freedom!" - unquote -




I am offended by the word "THEY" used by MahaGuru58. The word "THEY" divides Malaysia into two groups, "WE/OUR/US" and "THEY/THEIRS/THEM". I assume "WE" includes people who are like-minded like MahaGuru58 himself and "THEY" are the people who do not share similar views as him. So as you can see, I belong to the "THEY" group.

THEY are people who love Malaysia. THEY are the people who cry for the nation when THEY see injustice served at their table. Malaysia is striving hard to form THEIR identity, one that includes everyone - not just you because you are rich nor you because you are of a certain desirable ethnic. THEY are trying to live in harmony. THEY are trying hard to be good, law abiding citizens serving THEIR communities, irrespective of race or religion. THEY seriously do not need someone to divide THEM once again into "WE" and "THEY". What difference would that make you from the Colonial masters who chose to divide and conquer?

How long more must Malaysia cry because its people is still divided into "YOU", "ME", "HE", "SHE", "WE", "THEY"? Is 50 years not enough? How many more does Malaysia need? 60 years? 100 years? 200 years? Is the nation still on its knees, unable to rise up to the occasion? 50 years is long, it represents two generations. Are Malaysians so weak that they cannot stand up on their two legs and compete with the rest of the world?



Instead of going on and on and on, commenting on his article, let me challenge MahaGuru58 to find out the answers to the following questions:

1. Using your own quote, please list down the number of churches, temples, mosques and etc places of worship found within PJ. Please note that the official name must include the word, "church", "temple", "mosque" etc. Words like "persaudaraan", "persatuan" and "kesatuan" cannot be accounted for.

2. Quoting MaharGuru58 "They want the Malays to close their eyes to all the social decay taking place amongst the youths...." Are you therefore saying that only the Malays are Muslims? Is Muhammad Ali (an African American) not a Muslim brother too?

3. Using the same quote (and MahaGuru58 is using race to separate the "WE" from the "THEY" and mentioning social decay), please list down the percentage of rape cases according to race. How many incest cases involve the Chinese, Indian, Malays and others? What about the racial percentage for drug related offences?

4. Last of all, I would like to see what are your suggestions to combat "the society goes down the drain in the name of modernisation". It is easy to condemn and to throw stones at others. What is your proposed solution?



Although I am classified as "THEY" (since I do not share similar views as MahaGuru58, especially not on this topic) I want to let you know that I love you. You are no different from me because blood flow through our veins. We are born of mothers and though we might not believe in the same God (or some who don't even believe that there is GOD) we are all related. We are related because we queue at the same line at the immigration in KLIA. We are related because we have the same passport. We are related because we smile when Malaysia does well (Woohoo Nicol David won!). We are related because we cry when the nation suffers (like during the 1997 economic slowdown).

You see, we are related because we are Malaysians. Not we. Not they. Not you. Not me.

Just Malaysians.


And like all Malaysians with a fascination for food, I say, "Apa macam, MahaGuru58? Set minum teh tarik kat mamak?"

Labels:

6 Comments:

Sure, why not? As long as it is within office hours, I don't mind.

I hail from Penang. An island that has almost everything.

Pleasant people (most of the time), nice beaches, botanical gardens, rural kampongs, modern high rises, a bit of this and that.

Generally, Penangites are very laid back and tolerant save for a few quarters who rock the boat now and then.

I am not what you make out myself to be. Far from it. When and if we ever do meet up for that teh tarik or in my case , Nescafe Tarik, you will get to learn more about who I really am and what I stand for.

Might be happy to bring menj along for we are brothers in arms and both share a flair for blogging.

menj is much more of a blogger than me since I am a newbie.

He has been a seasoned warrior in the warfront of opinions although half my age.

Our mutual interests in defending our faith is what binds us together.

menj is not a racist either just as myself. We do not hate any race . We are just out to protect our own.

By saying that, I mean our fellow Muslims first, no matter what ethnic group they are from, then our fellow Malaysians, such as yourself and generally, fair decent humanbeings.

We all need to learn how to build rather than shatter the peace we have between us .

I am not against dialogue between faiths here in Malaysia but just heeding the call by my fellow Muslims to watch out against interference in our faiths by anyone who might have hidden agendas behind calling for interfaith commissions such as the proposed IFC.

Has any Muslim body encroached on the running of affairs in the Christian churches, Buddhist temples, Indian temples, Sikh Gurdwaras, etc?

I don't think there ever has been any. I don't think there ever will be.

As far as the Malaysian Government is concerned, they have been very fair to all its citizens, Muslims and non Muslims.

Individual cases involving certain Muslims wanting to convert to other faiths have caught our attention but as in the case of the Malaysian Shariah Courts, they are only upholding the tenets of the faith of Islam.

Islam does not condone apostasy. Period.

Whilst some here may complain that its not fair etcetera, they fail to realise the growing number of Non Muslims embracing the faith of Islam as we speak or type our thoughts right at this moment!

Why do you think they do so?

Because Islam is not fair?

Facts show that it is because Islam is the Way of Life that Allah the Almighty has revealed for us mankind through His Last Messenger , The Holy Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah, may peace be upon him in Arabia.

600 years after the raising of the Prophet Eesa @ Jesus , may peace be upon him to the Heavens.

We are not that far apart, us Muslims and you Christians . We believe in the same prophets, we acknowledge the closeness of our faiths save for the matter of Jesus @ Eesa alaihisalam (may peace be upon him) as being the Son of God( nau'zu billah hi min zalik) may Allah forbid.

That's the thin line separating us.
There's a whole Chapter dedicated to Mother Maryam @ Mary in the Qur'an.

Read it online http://www.muslim.org/english-quran/quran.htm and discover that far from being your mortal enemies , we are the closest in faith here on Earth to you Christians.

I need to go now as I have a matter to attend to.

Do keep me updated and feel free to discuss further about anything you want to share. I don't mind as long as the dialogue is kept civil and decent.

Peace be unto you. God be with you.

7:24 am  

you know what?

I think extremists try to make every single little comment made by other extremists and construe it into being an attack or a 'force of faith' onto another person from an opposing religion in order to further their own personal agenda's (e.x converting another into christian or muslim or whichever it is..) we live in a pretty fuckin religiously harmonios society and I would hate to see that destroyed by a few so called 'extremists'...

maybe we could take a few hints from our indian brothers and start absorbing all religions and claiming that all religions are good... that way everybody wins! ahhahah yes, it's pretty idealistic and utopian.. but can't we all just GET ALONG????? sigh.....

8:33 pm  

Quoting MaharGuru58 "They want the Malays to close their eyes to all the social decay taking place amongst the youths...."

*hey how come you never answered this question?*

by the way.. doesn't a child or youth first learn morals and good faith at home? mahaguru, i think you're being way way too cynical about malaysian youth.... we are not as bad as you old geezers make us out to be... maybe you need to stop looking at the bad eggs and start looking at some good ones.. :P cheers mate!

8:37 pm  

MahaGuru58: I am sorry that it has taken me this long to comment. My time schedule is tight and I do not really have time to get into a discussion. Suffice to say I am awaiting the answers to my questions.

Going on and on about "not being a racist but merely out to protect our own" etc will never end. Personally I enjoy reading what you and especially MENJ writes mainly because you guys are just different from me. That said, I do not agree with everything you say. However I respect you for what you believe.

You are free to write what you wish. And I shall also do my civic duty by voicing out my displeasure at what you wrote. I am defending and protecting not only MY OWN but Malaysia as a whole.

I am awaiting the answers to my questions. When you write, you should have data to back your words.

That said, good day MahaGuru!

2:52 am  

Deviant: Sometimes the truth is quite difficult to swallow. It is easier to turn a blind eye and have blind faith. My questions are very relevant and the answers will be all too revealing, I guess.

2:54 am  

1. Using your own quote, please list down the number of churches, temples, mosques and etc places of worship found within PJ. Please note that the official name must include the word, "church", "temple", "mosque" etc. Words like "persaudaraan", "persatuan" and "kesatuan" cannot be accounted for.

2. Quoting MaharGuru58 "They want the Malays to close their eyes to all the social decay taking place amongst the youths...." Are you therefore saying that only the Malays are Muslims? Is Muhammad Ali (an African American) not a Muslim brother too?

3. Using the same quote (and MahaGuru58 is using race to separate the "WE" from the "THEY" and mentioning social decay), please list down the percentage of rape cases according to race. How many incest cases involve the Chinese, Indian, Malays and others? What about the racial percentage for drug related offences?

4. Last of all, I would like to see what are your suggestions to combat "the society goes down the drain in the name of modernisation". It is easy to condemn and to throw stones at others. What is your proposed solution?

My answers:-
1.Your request for a full survey of the places of faiths in PJ will be answered to shortly. Requires published data and a short study. Please allow me some time to do that. I will reply to this later. hope , its fine with u . Can't just hantam only maa..:P

2.My statement is in context of this nation. Muslims come from all races and countries. Muhammad Ali , an Afro American is a Muslim too. There are 120 Million Chinese Muslims to date in China and the number is growing by the day. Muslims are now more than 1 billion in numbers throughout the globe. Please understand that I am speaking in view of the Malaysian Muslims of which the Malays account for about 80% from them. Indian Muslims, Chinese Muslims and other ethnicities account for the rest.

3rd question also involves statistics and database research. Kindly allow me time to do that in between my busy schedule.

I work on commission, selling landbanking projects , so I need to prioritise my need to do's and later on's.
Your request is a 'later on' thing unless you buy an acre of my land projects and I will gleefully sit down and get the facts el pronto for you! hehehehe...
I will get back to you on this.

4. My suggestion to stop the rot in our society is to preserve traditional values and stop aping the decadent lifestyles prevalent today under guise of modernism.
I am a traditionalist and conservative in my values. Young people like you and others out there might not see what I mean and I won't blame you and them for saying I am an oldie living in the past.
No worries. I love modern advancements in science and technology but I also love traditional cultural values and 'adat resam' where honor and courtesy was the order of the day. Today, our society is getting to a stage where nobody gives a damn about the general social decay setting in our youths of all races, ethnics and faiths.
Well, that's my points save for the data you are asking for. Can't simply shoot off from the mouth for it's better to endorse my statements with the official statistics. Give me time, and I will try my best to share them with you.

That's all for now and sorry for posting in your tagboard in hokkien. Not that i'm real good in it but damn, I miss conversing in hokkien. It's a very vibrant dialect!

Thanks for keeping in touch. Have a nice day.

6:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home